Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Response: Personally, I find collecting good evidence to be the hardest for me. I've always been able to easily locate and pull from articles on a subject. However, when I'm given the task to write without prior research all the information in my head disappears. Even when I can remember things from my own observations and experiences I have a difficult time properly connecting to my paper. When I do, I often end up making generalizing claims without evidence.
Summary: We looked at our Writables and reading quizzes to see what we got wrong. As a class we went over common mistakes and spent a lot of time discussing those so we did not get to do our activity.
reflection. It's good to see what you got wrong on an assignment so you know what to work on and improve for next time. The results from our last paragraphs show we have to to learn as writers.
Comments
Post a Comment