Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.
Response: A word I've found myself using the most lately is "overly." I use it to emphasize certain elements when I'm telling a story. I simply like the way It sounds and the drama it can add to a scene so I end up using it often. I don't think my word choice reveals a lot about my character in this sense. However it may show my dramatic personality and love for eventful storytelling.
Summary: Today in class we learned and reviewed some vocab from an exercise book.
Reflection: Expanding our vocabulary can make us better writers so we're not constantly repeating words and phrases. It could also be helpful on exams such as the SAT where we're being tested on our personal lexicons.
Comments
Post a Comment