Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Response: One time I completed an assignment in history without fully understanding the instructions. I focused mainly on answering the questions and finishing the assignment rather than carefully reviewing it to make sure I even understood the requirements. Although I included information that was correct, I got a low score because my answers lacked the depth and explanations my teacher was looking for. This experience taught me that completing an assignment is not always the same as successfully meeting its expectations. After learning more about the argument rubric I can connect this experience to the importance of understanding the purpose and requirements of a task before beginning it. In the future, I can use rubrics and assignment instructions as guides to organize my ideas.
Summary: Today we took notes on writing good commentary for evidence in an argumentative essay.
Reflection: Writing good commentary can help me write better paragraphs as my reasoning will show why my evidence matters and connect it back to my overall argument.
Comments
Post a Comment