Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Response: I usually use the rubric as a guide while completing an assignment so I know exactly what I need to do. The argument essay rubric gives specific expectations for using evidence, explaining reasoning, and demonstrating complexity. It can be used as a roadmap to check my writing as I work instead of waiting for my essay to be finished or until the AP exam is here. Using the rubric can make my writing more purposeful because I know beforehand what each part of my essay needs to be like and how it contributes to my overall argument. It can also help avoid unnecessary writing so you don't lose time on timed writing.
Summary: Today we took notes and looked at the Essay Rubric.
Reflection: Knowing what graders are actually looking for in our essays is extremely useful so we can avoid adding unnecessary information to our essays and so we know what we need to include.
Comments
Post a Comment