With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Response: For the most part, this class has been going well. I need to improve on managing my time with my six other AP classes so I can get the work done for this class faster. I haven't found the class to be super challenging yet. However there are definitely things we've done that I had to think longer about to fully grasp. I really enjoy the discussions we've had between classmates and I hope we get to do more of those in the future.

Summary: We took a stance on whether or not we thought there was such a thing as a "good kill" and wrote a proper paragraph stating and defending our claim. 

Reflection: The discussions we had prior to writing our paragraphs gave me practice on taking a position on a controversial topic and defending it with reasoning and evidence. Writing the paragraph in a time limit as helped give the experience on what it'd be like writing during the AP exam. In the future, I can use this experience to better address complex issues and fully support them in a short amount of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.