Describe a time you felt completely lost.

Response: During exam season last year, I was a week out from all my AP exams and it was my first time taking more than one AP exam in a year since freshmen are only allowed to take one. Multiple of my teachers decided to assign final projects and test guides due that week. I had so much work to do and felt completely lost on where to start so I'd be able to get it done. It was stressing me out to the point of me having a panic attack. I had to take a break, collect myself, and make a plan on what to do so I could move forward.

Summary: Today in class we worked to identify different types of claims in an actual article and categorized them.

Reflection: Being able to pull out claims from an article is such an important skill so you're able to see what the author is actually arguing for. Deciphering what type of claims they are and what point the author is trying to make with it can also help show how much evidence each of their opinions has supporting it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.