As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

Response: I think I'll have to debate the extent to which the past has had an effect on the present. There have been people in all of my social circles that only look at current circumstances to decide what they believe as truth. It is likely the number of people like that will increase as I grow older. Despite that, I firmly believe the truth can be subjective based on personal experiences and perception. I know it can be hard for people to consider factors they themselves have not experienced, which is why I believe I will have to argue for the influence of the past in my adulthood. 

Summary: We took notes on the rhetorical appeals and reviewed examples of them.

Reflection: Seeing how ethos, pathos, and logos could be used in real life was important, as a lot of adulthood is arguing to convince other people about things. Reviewing the rhetorical appeals can help you argue better so you're more likely to get your way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.